A PolyVisions Specialty
Polyvisions is a world leader in the modification of recycled PET, specifically with its excellent flame retardancy.
What is DuraPET FR™?
DuraPET FR™ is a graft modified PET material that is specialized for its UL V0 listing for flame retardancy rating using a non-halogenated flame retardant.
Key Characteristics of DuraPET FR™
- Maintains extreme high impact and wear characteristics with a V0 FR.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Highly durable engineering grade material that can withstand harsh outdoor environmental conditions. Ductile properties are intact at temperatures as low as –40°C and can withstand temperatures up to and above 180°C.
- Available as a fully formulated product and is an easily processed material that can be used in injection molding, extrusion and blown film processes.
- Medical instrumentation housings
- Consumer electronic devices
- Building and construction
- Wall panels and thermoformed products through extruded sheet
- Profile extruded products
- High impact injection molded products
DuraPET FR™ Advantages
- Non-Halogenated V0 flame rating with low smoke and toxicity
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Extreme durability
- Extreme impact resistance
- Easily custom colored
- High elongation
- Super high impact
- Ease of manufacturing: injection molding, extrusion, and blown film
- Drop In replacement for ABS and other engineering grade materials.
DuraPET FR™ Product Data Sheets