ProFLOW for Processing Applications
The ProFLOW line of processing aides improve processing of a wide range of thermoplastic materials. ProFLOW has an ultra-high melt index which enables it to dramatically reduce mold pressures in injection molding and extrusion applications. ProFLOW resins are high flow rate (MFR 1500+) polypropylene resins that quickly melt to low viscosity Newtonian fluids (100-200poise). Melting temperatures range from 142°C to 161°C for standard products but can also be made with 117°C and 232°C melting temperatures. ProFLOW resins retain the physical properties of PP. ProFLOW are commonly used as lubricants, processing aids for extruded film and rubber molded products.
- Commonly Used as Lubricants and Processing Aids
- Increases Material Flow for Thin Wall Parts Filling
- Nucleating Agent for Crystallized PET (CPET)
- Compatible with TPE’s to Aid in Processing Allowing Lower Pressures in Molding and Extrusions
- Can be produced as a Homo and Co-Polymer
- Variations of Base Resins to Influence the MP
- Thin wall containers – Reduction in Peak pressure by over 10% when added to Polypropylene at 5% addition!
- Over Molding of Connectors – Reduction In Peak Pressure By over 25% When Added to TPU at 7%!
- Over Molding of Electronics Housings – Reduction In Peak Pressure By over 15% When Added to TPE at 5%.
- Breathable Roofing Membrane – Increase of Membrane Breathability When Added to TPO at 5%!
- Aid in Dispersion of Additives – Increase of Proper Dispersion in a Glass Filled Polypropylene Compound!