PolyVisions ProFLOW for Processing Applications
What is ProFLOW?
The ProFLOW line of processing aides improve processing for a wide range of thermoplastic materials.
Key Characteristics of ProFLOW
- Ultra-high melt index which enables it to dramatically reduce mold pressures in injection molding and extrusion applications.
- High flow rate (MFR 1500+) polypropylene resins that quickly melt to low viscosity Newtonian fluids (100-200poise). The standard melting temperatures range from 142°C to 161°C for standard products but can also be made with 117°C and 232°C melting temperatures.
- Retain the physical properties of PP and are commonly used as lubricants, processing aids for extruded film, and rubber molded products
- Thin wall containers: reduction in peak pressure by over 10% when added to Polypropylene at 5% addition
- Over molding of connectors: reduction in peak pressure by over 25% when added to TPU at 7%
- Over molding of electronics housings: reduction in peak pressure by over 15% when added to TPE at 5%
- Breathable roofing membrane: increase of membrane breathability when added to TPO at 5%
- Aid in dispersion of additives: increase of proper dispersion in a glass-filled polypropylene compounds
- Commonly used as lubricants and processing aids
- Increases material flow for thin wall parts filling
- Nucleating agent for crystallized PET (CPET)
- Compatible with TPE’s to aid in processing, allowing lower pressures in molding and extrusions
- Can be produced as a Homo and Co-Polymer
- Variations of base resins to influence the MP
ProFLOW Product Data Sheets